- C100 Press Release OP Budget
- April 17, 2017, Stephen A. Hansen
The Committee of 100 on the Federal City (C100) is urging the DC Council to budget for additional staff and funds for the Office of Planning (OP) to fulfill the agency’s long-standing promises to preserve and protect neighborhood character and to perform a serious, rigorous assessment of the impacts of digital billboards on residents and office workers.
- C100 Press Release Regarding Letter To Mayor About Digi-Media Signs
- February 24, 2017, Stephen A. Hansen
The Committee of 100 on the Federal City, along with individuals and groups from across the city, has written to Mayor Muriel Bowser urging her to drop any efforts to legitimize the illegal digital billboards installed at eight locations in Wards 2, 3 and 6 last year by Digi Media Communications LLC (“Digi”) without a permit.
- C100 Letter Mayor Bowser Digi-Media
- February 22, 2017, Stephen A. Hansen, Meg Maguire, & Larry Hargrove
We are aware that representatives of Digi Media Communications LLC (“Digi”) are urging your administration to take action to legitimize the digital billboards that it installed last year without lawful authorization at various locations in the District. For two reasons, we strongly urge you to reject any such request.
- 2017-02-16 C100 Testimony OAG Oversight
- February 16, 2017, Meg Maguire
The AG’s insistence on code enforcement in the DigiMedia case, backed up with legal action, inspires citizen confidence. We urge the Council, the Executive and the AG to identify specific new ways to operate like this in all aspects of city governance.
- C100 Press Release Verizon-OP Digital Signs
- January 23, 2017, Meg Maguire
- C100 Letter Assessment Of Verizon Signs Memorandum
- January 16, 2017, Meg Maguire & Larry Hargrove
DC Office of Planning's Verizon digital billboard “assessment” is wholly inadequate and cynical towards the public interest.
- OP Verizon Graphics
- November 9, 2016, DC Office of Planning
“OP's “study” calls into question the DC government’s diligence in objectively and thoroughly reviewing the public interest in projects owned by special interests such as MSE.
- C100 PR Narrow Scope Of Nationals Park Billboard Legislation
- December 16, 2016, Meg Maguire
We again urge Council and the Mayor to oppose these outrageous efforts to rescue Digi Media and its unpermitted exterior billboards, thus permanently inflicting massive light-polluting ad-spewing machines on District streetscapes.
- C100 Memo To DC Council Regarding Nats Stadium Digital Signs
- December 16, 2016, Meg Maguire
We again urge you to oppose any such outrageous effort to rescue Digi Media and its unpermitted exterior billboards, thus inflicting those billboards permanently on District streetscapes.
- C100 Press Release Billboards
- November 28, 2016, Meg Maguire
The City Council is rushing to approve legislation that will allow massive digital billboards citywide in “designated entertainment areas” (DEAs) without adequate public notice or public hearing. The full Council vote is scheduled for December 6, 2016.
- C100 Testimony DC Council Nationals Stadium Signage
- November 14, 2016, Meg Maguire
This bill is not about loyalty to our beloved Nationals team: 10 jumbotron billboards on the exterior of Nationals Park will not help the batters’ averages or the pitchers’ ERA (earned run average). This is, quite simply, a high-stakes game between the Billboard Blights v. the City’s Rights. Who are the managers of these teams?
- 2016-10-31 C100 Nationals Park Signage Fact Sheet
- October 31, 2016, Meg Maguire
The Nationals Park Graphics and Entertainment Regulatory Amendment Act of 2016 will permit 10 jumbo electronic billboards on the exterior of Nationals Park.
Tell the Council & Mayor: KILL THE BILL! No More Billboard Blight in DC!
- C100 Press Release Digital Signage
- August 23, 2016, Larry Hargrove
Digi Media, an electronic billboard advertising company, is currently erecting, or has plans to erect, large, unpermitted and unlawful billboards on buildings in Chevy Chase, H Street NE, Downtown, Dupont Circle and various points in between. “We call on the Mayor, the Council and the Attorney General to take immediate action to stop this illegal activity and to force Digi Media to take down these billboards now,” said Nancy MacWood, Chairman of the Committee of 100 on the Federal City.
- 04-21-15 DDOT Budget Hearing Maguire FINAL Testimony
- April 21, 2015, Meg Maguire
Testimony of Meg Maguire before the District Department of Transportation.
- C100 Part II Of II Annotated Comments On Second Title13 Rulemaking Notice
- April 28, 2015, Larry Hargrove, Meg Maguire
- 2014-06-06 C100 Letter Art Everywhere
- June 6, 2014, Nancy MacWood
The Art Everywhere partnership between the National Gallery of Art and the Outdoor Advertising Association of America to place great works of art on vacant billboards throughout the country has a consequence that the Gallery may not have considered: undermining the efforts of thousands of communities throughout the country to bring down billboards and stop the construction of new ones.
- Signs and More Signs: A Committee of 100 Guide to Aspects of Dc Sign Law
- November 2010, Prepared by Ann Hargrove